Partnering with the leading expert of configuration solutions in the packaging industry proved to be the right choice to manage the wide variety of our products and we still remain very flexible when it comes to our product offerings.
Udo Nachbaur, CTO, Rondo Ganahl AG
- Heterogeneous systems and applications while the company is in constant growth
- Isolated solutions (e.g. maintenance) without consistent use at Rondo
- Heterogeneous master data (no central use, data duplications)
- Low automation and data connection (data exchange with customers, suppliers, etc.)
- High expenditures for group-wide reportings
- Still extensive use of excel
- Divergent processes within the company
- Standardization and harmonization of processes, master data as well as roles and responsibilities
- Creation of a template based on the company’s processes
- Introduction of a solution based on SAP Best Practice, SAP Industry Solution Mill and industry solution of partners
- Implementation of a solution that matches with Rondo’s tenets as well as local and international regulations
- Installation of a solution based on a Business Process Master List (BPML)
- Introduction of the solution within time, budget and requirements for quality
- Replacement of existing ERP systems and subsystems
Decision to install SAP solution
Harmonization and standardization can be achieved by implementing a solid ERP solution. Due to the variety of processes in use, the coverage by SAP was best. This is topped by industry solution MILL as well as industry expertise and coverage delivered by Aicomp and its product VCPowerPack IS Packaging.
Highlights and Challenges
- Availability of Key-Resources driving the project from customer side
- Inclusion and connection to all relevant interfaces, e.g. MES (KIWI), Conveyor System (Minda), CAD (Arden), HRS, EDI (Customer)
- First implementation of S/4HANA 1610 by Aicomp within Europe
- Established quality supplier with a wide range of services
- VCPowerPack Packaging ensures full SAP compatibility and best performance
- Well-founded expertise in the successful implementation with SAP
- Longstanding knowledge of the industry
About Rondo Ganahl
Rondo Ganahl Aktiengesellschaft is a traditional, family-run Austrian company that traces its roots back to 1797. Rondo’s business is centred around the manufacture of corrugated board packaging products, corrugated case material, the collection of waste paper and raw material processing.
The company employs more than 1.530 employees in a highly dynamic environment characterised by expertise, professional competence and commitment. Thanks to dependable, long-term thinking and a responsible approach to resources, Rondo is able to build sustainable relationships with customers, employees, suppliers and the wider public.
- 126,000 t Paper Production p.a.
- 304,000 t Corrugated Board Production p.a.
- 63,000 t Waste Paper Collection
Company: Rondo Ganahl AG
- Frastanz (Headquater), Austria
- St. Ruprecht, Austria
- Hall (Recycling), Austria
- Budapest, Hungary
- Apahida, Romania
- Târgoviste, Romania
- Istanbul, Turkey
- Langenenslingen, Germany (Walz Verpackungen)
Industry: Corrugated Packaging and Paper
Products and Services: Corrugated Board Packaging, Paper Manufacture, Waste Paper Recycling
- 2015: Vendor Evaluation / Process Standardization
- February 2016: Kick-Off
- January 2017: Kick-Off Realization
- January 2018: Go-Live Paper Mill Frastanz and FI/CO/MM/PM Corrugated Frastanz
- April 2018: Go-Live Corrugated Frastanz (SD/VC/PP/LE)
- April 2019: Go-Live Corrugated St. Ruprecht (MM/WM/PM/QM)
- November 2019: Go-Live Corrugated St. Ruprecht (SD/VC/PP/LE)
For the remaining plants the solution is to be rolled out at two locations per year.
Solution: SAP S/4HANA® 1.610
Modules: FI/CO/MM/WM/SD/LE/PP/PM/QM/(PI), VCPP
Licensed Users: 350 currently active in productive system
Replaced solution: Own developed Rondo APP (Microsoft Visual Basic .NET w/ MS SQL DB)